Sunday, October 21, 2012

It went better than I thought

I'll admit that I was kind of expecting a bad run this morning after my exhilirating 11-miler on Friday.  But it actually went better than expected.  4 miles turned into 5 just because I was feeling good.  I decided not to overdo a good thing and go any further.  I was running an easy 8:30 pace and fortunately did not experience much foot pain.

I am actually working a M-F workweek this week--odd for the retail slave.  I hope I can squeeze my runs in without too much pain.  Sometimes it is easier if I run fewer miles and more days on a week like this.  We'll see how I feel when I leave work tomorrow--sometimes Mondays dictate the entire week. 

My brother has been putting together plans for another cruise next April.  We are looking to do a Western Caribbean--Grand Caymen, Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel.  I've done this exact route before and it was a ton of fun.  The scuba diving in Honduras/Belize is amazing.  As part of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System, it is home to a lot of biodiversity.  Geeks like me appreciate all the cool stuff you can see with an oxygen tank strapped to your back.  I'm ready to pack already and it is still 6 months away!  Tropical drinks with umbrellas are always enticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment