Thursday, January 17, 2013

Secrets from the treadmill room

Pluck ate my first blog.

It was like, whine, whine, whine, I don't like getting up early any more, I hit the snooze button way too much, I forced myself to run at night this week, but I had the ability to complete all my runs on the marathon training schedule. 

The other part of the blog was about the weirdness that I am able to have while running on the treadmill at home.  I know, I know, all you purists and only running outdoors are much commended. 

But the dreadmill is a great alternative for me and ensures that I never have an excuse to miss a
workout.  I was lucky enough to get one for my birthday almost 2 years ago so I was able to cancel my gym membership.  What I didn't realize was all the crazy stuff I had been holding out in because I was in public before.

--I can yell out the number of the song that I'm on when it starts. Another weirdness is that I like to keep track of the time of my run by how many songs I've listened to.  Songs are generally 4 minutes each so an hour-long run is about 15 songs....

-I can break out into random song. 

-I can grunt when it hurts.  Like a cavewoman.  Adam still comes to bed with me every night so I guess this isn't too strange.

-I can randomly hurdle over imaginary objects.

-I can dance during my cool down.

-I can immediately stop mid-run and take care of business.

-I can immediately stop mid-run and go get something to eat.

-I can let my dog jump on during my cool down.

Harmful? No. Eclectic? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment