Monday, June 24, 2013

Sobering up by running laps around a parking garage

I started a post about 10 more dirty secrets. I got to #4 and got writer's block. And had to get up to get ice cream. And so I just decided I'd rather post about what's happened since the my 14 mile scavenger hunt.

I got really early for no good reason last Thursday. I decided to go get donuts from my local donut shop--Dutch Monkey Doughnuts. If you come visit me ever, I promise to buy you all the donuts you can eat.

Made myself a nice little smorgasbord of my selections:

donuts

After my sugar high, I took the newspaper to the patio and enjoyed a peaceful morning in my backyard:

perfect morning

Later, I met my sister and two of her/our friends to go to the New Kids on the Block concert.
 NKOTBplatforms
  My sister works for Philips and can score suite tickets to various events through a lottery system.  That meant free food and more importantly, open-freakin'-bar.  It was pour your own--not a good idea when it is dark and you are making cocktail suicides.

We took lots of selfies:


NKOTB

When the show was over, we took to the parking garage to sober up before heading home.  I took off my flip-flops and ran laps around the garage at full tilt. Like 5 times. And then I did some push-ups 'cause we are in a push-up challenge.

Throw in a little parking garage climbing:
parking lot

Yup, I had a good time...........

The next day, I went on a detox:
fruit

But I waited until Saturday to run again.  5 miles after work which were just okay.  My foot was bothering me again and it was pretty humid.  There was a guy who I passed going the opposite direction about 3/10ths of a mile before the turnaround point.  He was running a little slower than me and it took me until around the last mile to catch up to him.  I like to turn the afterburners on for the final mile and so I started to blaze past him.  Apparently he didn't like this and tried to keep pace with me for an awkward amount of time.  I didn't want to slow down just to pass him back, but I also didn't really want to run neck and neck.  Who does that??? If people ever pass me in a non-race situation, I always give them enough room to pull ahead....

I did my pushups off the side of the trail when I finished which made me feel completely BA. Woot!

Yesterday was amazingly awesome.  I decided to run on the dreadmill in my year-old Brooks Adrenaline's.  I have been running in minimalist shoes for nearly a year, but my feet have been giving me issues lately.  The Adrenaline's felt so, well, different. Stiffer but more marshmallow-y. But they served their purpose and I knocked out 4 miles without my foot yelling at me.

However, a few hours later, when Adam and I sat down at the movies to watch World War Z, my bunion was throbbing.  I massaged and massaged and massaged and was still in pain after about 20 minutes.  Decided to pop an aspirin and that little miracle worker took care of the issue.

After the movies, we finished our garage organization project by adding some more shelving closer to the ceiling. It was hot, sweaty work, but I l-o-v-e how it turned out!!! Organizer nerds, unite!

Our perfect night ended with a glass of red zinfandel, True Blood, and surf & turf:
surf and turf

No comments:

Post a Comment