Sunday, August 4, 2013

Loop meetup: Running with QuadraSass

I had a busy, busy, busy last few days.  Wednesday, I ran 4 easy miles after work after deciding it would be easier to do a lunch-date thing with friends rather than dinner.  Thursday, I worked, did the lunch-date thing, and came home to squeeze in 4 miles before a family obligation.  I did a 1.25 mile warm-up, 2X800 at 7:30 pace with .25 jogs and 1 mile at 7:30, and a .25 cool down.  I had just enough time to finish and take a shower, phew!

Before bed, I squeezed in a few beer squats for the August beer challenge and August squat challenge:

 beersquats

Friday, I ran out to get an engagement present on my lunch break for my sister as we were seeing her and her fiance for the first time after they got engaged.  Adam picked me up at work and we headed down to do dinner with about 20 other people for the fiance's birthday party.  It worked out that our service was pretty terrible and I never got the second beer I asked for when I was halfway done with the first:

 bluemoon

We made it a relatively early night because I had big plans for the morning.

Saturday morning, the dogs started stirring just after 5am.  I took them out and decided I would just linger over getting my running gear on and having breakfast.  Around 6:15am, I headed downtown to pick up Sass/sfchas/Brian for a Loop meetup and run!

I got to his hotel around 7am and took him to the closest entrance of the Silver Comet Trail, where northern lass does most of her running.  I hadn't been on that section of the trail so we just followed the cyclists and runners walking in the same general direction out of the parking lot.  After a quick potty stop, off we went!

Other than discussing we were going to run 10 miles, we didn't really plan much of anything else for the run.  No talks of pace or negative splits or warmups or cool downs.  Fortunately, like old running buddies, we just fell into stride with one another and banged out 10 miles chatting happily.  It was the shortest 10 miles I had run in a long, long time!  We talked about running (duh), Loopsters, goals, family, work, dumb cyclists, and more running.

I think I looked at my Garmin about 4 times because I was just kind of lost in the moment of things.  Those are the best kinds of runs! We built an instant camaraderie after just an hour and 24ish minutes and it just reaffirmed the fact that Loopsters are really, really awesome.  I have some splits on my Garmin, but this was more about making what could have been an ordinary Saturday morning, extraordinary!

After our run, I started to drive us back when he realized he left his phone on top of my car.  We weren't far yet and fortunately, it just suffered cosmetic damage.  But another minute or two and it would have been toast.    When we got back to his hotel, he grabbed his wallet to get us some Starbucks--what a world-class guy!! The bookstore Starbucks was not open yet, so I drove a few blocks so he could duck in and grab us each a coffee.  He took a quick snapshot for proof before I drove off:


sassandi

After my meetup, I slurped my coffee and drove home, so happy that I had decided to get up in the dark!

I went wedding venue shopping with my sister and the family yesterday afternoon followed by dinner at her fiance's house.  I had a margarita and a caprihana and then remembered that I didn't have my beer yet.  Oops.  I muscled through it though:
 porter

I watched half of a movie with Adam last night before I finally crashed and slept like a baby.

Today, I met my mom and sister for wedding dress shopping and at the second shop, we found 'the one'!!  We also found bridesmaid dresses that we both liked and once she gets everything squared away with the maids, we'll order those.  There were a number of sample bridesmaids dresses on sale for $10-$50 and I lucked out by finding 2 cute dresses that I can wear to my brother-in-law's wedding and perhaps the rehearsal dinner.

Definitely a successful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment