Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Boobies and beer and big ideas

Monday, I packed my running gear up just like usual before I headed to work.  As I started to change in the bathroom after work, I realized that I had forgotten my sports bra. Doh!  I had 2 options at this point: Run in my regular bra or go home and run on the treadmill (since I'd have to spend another 30 minutes in the car if I wanted to go back to the Greenway).

I really wanted to run outside so I took a short jog around the parking lot to ensure that I wasn't being entirely ridiculous.  It seemed okay so away I went.  Fortunately, my boobage is minimal so I barely noticed a difference.  Not that I would ever purposefully do it again, but it wasn't too terrible.  I focused my efforts on getting the run done and had a nice little tempo effort.  Splits: 8:00, 7:54, 7:54, 7:53, 7:47, 7:42.

Today, I enjoyed a day off of work and decided to do a 10-miler.  I should have got going right at 8:00am, but I had to have my coffee, linger over the newspaper, eat some cereal....all of a sudden, it was 10:00am.  It was not too terrible today, but I am definitely ready for capri weather. Temps were actually in the low 80s and the humidity was around 70%.  I got lucky with cloud cover.

I did the 10 in 1:20:56, an 8:05 average.  Splits were: 8:13, 8:03, 8:15, 8:05, 8:15, 8:08, 8:04, 8:20, 7:42, 7:48

In somewhat running related news, I became intrigued by Whole9/Whole30 after Jenster posted her successes on Loopville.  I did some research and am still on the fence about the whole thing.  Having an eating-disordered past and a super picky husband makes me think that I should perhaps be a little more lenient than the instructions allow.  I know that they stress you shouldn't cheat in any way, but I think a restrictive diet could potentially be a slippery slope.

I mean, I do eat pretty healthy, contrary to many of my postings.  Ridiculous food usually makes for better pictures just for the wow factor, but healthy food can be pretty too:



eatinghealthy

The other downside to the plan is that I'd have to give up beer:

bluemoon

Which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, I know.  Heck, if/when I ever get preggo, I'm going to have to stall my beer list for 9 months.  What is this beer list, you ask?

My local watering hole chain (Taco Mac for the Atlanta peeps) has a beer program that keeps track of all the beers you drink at their establishment.  My list happens to be pretty long because I've been regularly going for quite some time and I really like trying new beers.


thelistofbeer

That's my 30-in kitchen island and my current list.  Here's the close-up:


beerupclose

Geez, maybe I should give up beer for a month....

I wouldn't have to lie absolutely flat to take bikini Instagram photos of myself:


sunbathing

Oh, who am I kidding? I still would....

Anyway, I planned a week's worth of meals to see if I could think of 21 different options.

 SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday 
BreakfastOmelet with tomatoes, peppers, and onionsSausage, bananas, sweet potatoesBreakfast burrito with lettuce, eggsEggs over easy, berriesSausage omelet, berriesBacon, grapefruit, nutsScrambled eggs with mushrooms, melon 
LunchTurkey lettuce wrap, carrots+celery, seasonal fruitLeftover steak fajita saladMock chicken salad with avocado, seasonal fruitTurkey over greens, almonds, sweet potatoLeftover pot roastTurkey wrapped peppers and cucumbers, fruitTomatoes stuffed with tuna and celery, olives, dates 
DinnerSteak fajita salad with greens, tomatoes, peppers, avocadoGrilled chicken, zucchini +onion skewers, tomatoes with balsamicPork tenderloin, broccoli, sweet potatoesPot roast with carrots, onions, celery, beef brothGrilled lamb steaks, grilled root vegetablesDATE NIGHTMeatballs with tomato sauce, green salad, riced cauliflower 
         

Yah, I feel hungry when I look over it...  So I'm going to mull on it for awhile.  I feel this way about ultras.  I get all gung-ho about it because it sounds so awesome and everyone loves it and I could do it too!! But then I remember that I really like 3 rest days a week and I really like Oreos and maybe I'll do it when I grow up.

Lastly, what's a Quadracool post without some cute Boston Terrier pictures?

Like Torrance showing me her frog-legs:



froglegged

And Torrance telling Luxy a secret:


tellingsecrets

No comments:

Post a Comment