Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 12: Dare I say this week was easy?

This was probably one of the weirdest weeks of marathon training that I've had in quite some time ever.

Because I have been slowly tacking on the miles and doing long runs, I was abruptly surprised at how lacking I felt this week.  Maybe because that long run gives me such a sense of pride or my speedwork gives me such an adrenaline rush.... or maybe because I am glutton for punishment.  Either way, this cutback week was well, easy.

I suppose that means that the training is working, right?

Marathon #2-#5 were approximately 10ish weeks of official training so this 16 week training plan is definitely different.  Plus, knock on wood, I have done every single work out that has been on my schedule.

The only bad part of this week was the all my runs were on the treadmill.  Partially because it is dark outside after work and partially because I was really busy with a lot of "life" things this week.  I know it isn't ideal, but at least I got the miles in.

So as unexciting as it is, here are the stats:

Monday: Plan was 7 easy @9:10, Actual was 7 easy @8:57
Wednesday: Plan was 7 easy @9:10, Actual was 8:57, 8:34, 8:34, 8:00, 8:00, 8:00, last mile was starting at a 7:03 pace and decreasing .1 mph every 1/10th of a mile to 8:00 pace
Friday: Plan was 7 easy @9:10, Actual was 8:34, 8:34, 8:00, 8:00, 8:00, 7:53, last mile was starting at 7:30 pace and increasing .1 mph every 1/10th of a mile to 6:40 pace
Sunday: Plan was 7 easy @9:10, Actual was 8:34, 8:34, 8:34, 8:23, 8:13, 8:06, 8:00

I rented Hood to Coast from Amazon Prime to watch while I ran--that kept me in high spirits while the hamster wheel droned on. That being said, I'll be happy to hit the Greenway this week since I won't be quite as busy. 

Hard to believe that the big day is less than a month away!

No comments:

Post a Comment