Monday, December 30, 2013

The annual quiz, version 2.0.1.3

The annual year-in-review.  2013 style.

1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Drove an ATV, swam with dolphins, went to a Loopfest


2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
2013 resolution: I want to run a sub 3:50 marathon, but we'll see.  I'll be happy to run/jog/walk/stumble across the finish line for #5. 

I ran a 3:43:18 marathon in March and a 3:32:54 marathon in December, so yay!


Goal for 2014: Marathon Maniac status 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup, my friend Sabrina. Lots of acquaintances and old friends had babies too.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Our grey tabby, Duncan, aged 17 and our black lab mix, Josie, aged 15 had to be put to sleep this year.



5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico, Belize, Honduras, Grand Cayman


6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More healthy days. I got seriously sick with the flu, strep, and a nasty sinus infection

7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 17th--elated when I passed the 3:45 pace group and finished feeling fantastic in marathon #5

July 24th--when my sister got engaged
October 18th--road-tripping to the beach with Adam to celebrate our 5th anniversary
December 7th--the day I crossed the finish line of my 6th marathon and qualified for Boston.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Qualifying for Boston


9. What was your biggest failure?
Not training for the hills for my half-marathon in October


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
See #6

11. What was the best thing you bought?
*A cruise with my brother, sister, sister's now-fiance, and man bestie

*Fancy new Weber propane grill

*A Jeep Grand Cherokee for Adam and a Jeep Liberty (by necessity) for me

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
From 2012's, but it still holds true. My husband. Always. For putting up with my girlish drama, for making me laugh, for being ridiculously sweet, and for loving me unconditionally.  I didn't know you could love so much more after the butterflies subsided, but I'm pretty thrilled that I get to love more with each passing day.
 


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nothing changed from last year (or any previous year): "The rude and angry public that lack manners."  I'm too classy to name other names. Ha!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, groceries, date night, running gear



15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
March's race, April's cruise, my sister getting engaged, my brother-in-law getting engaged and married, training for my BQ attempt, a long weekend at the beach with Adam, first Loopfest


16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
"Thrift Shop" by Macklemore


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? same-ish.  maybe thinner. I dunno, I don't own a scale
iii. richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Morning running 

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sitting on my butt on the sofa every night


20. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Never fell out of love....


21. How many one-night stands?
Zero, that same guy keeps sleeping in my bed :)

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Parenthood, Downton Abbey, Big Bang Theory

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes, but classy broads never name names.

24. What was the best book you read?
The Husband's Secret

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Classical music during the late morning on NPR

26. What did you want and get?
Dyson vacuum cleaner

27. What did you want and not get?

A Dutch door, hardwood floors upstairs

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Catching Fire, Fast & Furious 6, Ender's Game   

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I woke up the day after a week-long cruise to the Caribbean, ran 7 miles, hung out with my in-laws, and went to a really nice dinner with my family in Miami

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not worrying as much about trying to get it all done.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Work: black or gray pants with v-neck tees in 10 different colors + cardigans if it's cold
Play: jeans or khaki shorts with solid colored tops
Running and sparkly clothes when appropriate

32. What kept you sane?
Running, reading, crosswords, cooking/baking, gardening, snuggling with Adam and the BTs




33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage rights

34. Who did you miss?
Gael, Angela, Sarah

35. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a bunch of Loopsters this year. I met Sass and northernlass in Atlanta and a slew of them in Rehoboth. I also got to know my sister-in-law Maribeth a bit and hired a couple of great people I work with.


36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Eleanor Roosevelt


No comments:

Post a Comment