Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Another QC taper, another week of QC rambling

Life did not go on repeat as I wanted last week. But that's okay, I did some other cool stuff.

I ran a week ago today feeling a little sprightly when I was nearing the end:

Watched my garden come into bloom:

Friday, it rained like crazy pretty much all day. The Greenway was flooded/it was raining really hard anyway so I took my run indoors. 4 miles on the treadmill--8:34, 8:00, 7:30, last mile cooling down from 7:30 to 8:34 at 1/10th mile 1/10th mph increments.

Started getting ready for the Pig with an order from Amazon:
And a new tutu was created:


My friend Megan made me a Gu bouquet just in time for my 14-miler (I took a strawberry banana and an orange):
Easter Sunday was spend romping in the woods:





I felt kind of yuck for the first few miles, but then I started get into my groove. Thankfully, the 7:50 pace didn't seem any harder than a tempo effort. I'm "training" like I'm going after something right now. But I'm really just running so that I can maintain good fitness. Summer always beats me up. It's so dang hot and humid. Every run feels like the Incredible Hulk is squeezing me like a sponge. If things check out with the Jackson Hole marathon (the Saturday following Hood to Coast), I will be racing that. And I might have checked the results from last year and seen that the first female had a slower time than my PR. So there's that....

Anyway, I digress--one marathon at a time people.

After my 14-miler, I was tired. Apt to spend the day doing nothing with my favorite lazies:
But now that I am back in taper mode, I can finally enjoy some cooking:

And do some preemptive baking prep for the Pig:



Chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, pie crust, and strawberry buttercream. I'm staying at the Hilton. I'll let you know which room I'll be handing out sugar comas.

I ran last night because I was too lazy to get out of bed in the morning. Weather-wise, it was perfect, but my legs were tired:
Today, I went to the running store where I had a $15 gift card to use from the 39.3 challenge that I came in 3rd place. I decided to get a running skirt--pink of course, so I could wear it to the Pig.

 I headed directly for the Greenway and did a stealth change in the parking lot. Then I took that pretty little skirt for a beatdown:
I giggled a bit when I heard "Just A Girl" piping through my earbuds in my pink skirt, bopping along at a 7:10 pace. Now if only I can find a way to hang out in cute running skirts all day baking and running. I'm freshly inspired by Boston stories (wahoo Meb!), BQ desires, and SPRING!






No comments:

Post a Comment