Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week 3: Shenanigans > running stats

You can read about my running or just skip to the fun pictures of my week!

Week 3 of train-for-a-BQ is in the bag.  I am still have on again, off again foot pain that is likely exacerbated by work and duh, running.  But I taped it up a few days this week and that seemed to help a bit.  Whatevs. I just keep running.

Here are the numbers:

Tuesday: Plan was 4 easy @ 9:20, Actual was 4 in 8:34, 8:34, 8:27, 8:20.
Wednesday: Plan was 6 total with 4 tempo @ 7:54 on Thursday, Actual was 6 in 8:11, 7:46, 7:27, 7:35, 7:15, 7:37
Friday: Plan was 4 easy @ 9:20, Actual was 4 in 8:32, 8:27, 8:20, 8:13
Sunday: Plan was 14 easy @ 9:20, Actual was 14 in 8:10, 7:55, 7:54, 8:01, 8:01, 8:05, 7:57, 7:52, 7:51, 7:50, 7:51, 7:59, 7:45, 7:34

Tuesday I felt great and relaxed. Wednesday's tempo was tough at first (I ran after work), but I got into my groove. Friday was okay--not good, not bad.  Today's run was okay all things considering.

I woke up at 4am because the dogs were stirring and so I let them outside.  Torrance (the 5 year old BT), bolted out towards the back fence and caught a rabbit trying to escape.  It made a terrible yelping noise that traumatized me all morning. I woke poor Adam up to dispose of the rabbit.  I had a pet bunny growing up and while I'm not immune to the cycle of life and hierarchy of animals (I do enjoy my meat!), I am particularly sensitive to this.  It took me about an hour to calm my nerves and fall back asleep.

The alarm went off just before 7am and while I snoozed a bit, I knew I needed to get out before it got too hot.  I had my coffee, a bagel with peanut butter, and drove to the Greenway.  The tickle in my throat wasn't any better than the night before--Adam's been battling a cold all week--but I wasn't going to let that hold me back.  The first couple of miles I was feeling sleepy and lethargic.  After I hit the bathroom at the 3.5 mile marker, I felt a little peppier from my brief intermission.  The next few miles were hot as I was in the sun, but I finally started to feel like I was awake.  At just past mile 7, I got to the turnaround point and refilled my water bottles and at my Gu.  The next 3 miles I actually felt pretty solid and kind of got lost in my thoughts for a bit.  The final 4 miles I alternated between feeling good and creaky every few minutes.  It was getting quite warm and while I was in the shade, I couldn't wipe the sweat away because it was so humid.

Now, onto the fun stuff, pictures of my week!

First, a few pictures of running. Like, my 14 mile run stats:


And a post-run stretch with the hooligans:


Plenty of healthy fuel both pre- and post- running like salads:

 Green smoothies with kale, kiwi, honeydew melon, and green apple:


A bagel with PB:

And a monster stack of blueberry pancakes:

The beer challenge seems to be living on however.  In the form of Dos Equis while at dinner on date night:


And some pumpkin beer while tailgating (for no event, just life) in the parking lot of the liquor store after dinner. Adam (the DH) is taking the picture of Jeff (our date night extra) and I:


Finally, the crazy BTs.  Torrance is the wild child:


But she and Luxy can be cute snuggle buddies both in the morning:

And in the afternoon:

Time for a cutback week and more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment