Sunday, December 21, 2014

Wheeeeeeeeeee mode

I rested 12 days. It was actually mostly okay. I did yearn for running, but I wasn't consumed by the idea. Mostly because I knew that I would inevitably return and that a little break can help put things in perspective.

Like how good it feels to push off the ground on your toes and fly through the woods with a little drizzly rain. I felt like a caged beast.
I had actual intentions of running at a more leisurely pace. Promise. Heck, I even contemplated leaving Penelope at home. But I couldn't help but feel an infinite amount of freedom and joy in the first half mile. And then it felt so darn good to be sweating that I went into full on wheeeeeee mode. The Achilles seemed to be less noticeable the faster I ran.

Pretty sure that all the other runners going by in the opposite direction thought that I was certifiably insane with the giant grin on my face zooming along in the chilly rain.

The non-plan plan is to continue doing 3-5 mile runs unless I hear more loud chirping. If it becomes worse, I rest more. If I continue to feel better, I ramp up the mileage. Boston training is supposed to start the first week of January, but since I A) don't have a training plan laid out and B) have a misbehaving body part, I am not feeling worried if the calendar gets pushed back a bit.

If you are FB friends with me (and if you're not, why aren't we pals yet?), you know that I have been filling in all this luxurious extra time with all sorts of ridiculous stuff.

Hanukkah celebrating:
 Christmas Decorating:
 Christmas movies:
C'mon, it's Love Actually people. I also watched Elf and Christmas Vacation--two of my other favs.

I spent like, 8 hours baking last Wednesday. I had a small hiccup amid the extravaganza when I was faced with a power outage for an hour. They were replacing transformers in my neighborhood. I used the time to make a batch of chocolate peppermint truffles that needed only the gas burner.



Despite my sofa surfing, I was still eating like I was running 20 milers every week. One must try all the batters and finished products of baking, obviously. Oh, and fried bacon cheeseburger anyone?
Yes, it was as good as it sounds. Unless you are veggie and then you'll just have to think of something as amazingly comparable as bacon. Good luck with that....

I went to hit golf balls with Adam and friends at Top Golf. Golf is still stupid, but drinking beer and hanging out with friends is still fun.
And oh yeah, here are some more pictures of the BTs that you never ask for, but that I lovingly provide:












No comments:

Post a Comment