Thursday, May 2, 2013

This is my normal

No news is good news right? Nothing terribly exciting going on in my world which is just peachy keen with me.  After 9 days of going into work (albeit a short day on Sunday), I finally am off tomorrow. Woot!

I ran Monday night after work.  I had an 'early' day and so I got to the Greenway around 5:30pm.  The weather was pretty pleasant and I knocked out 8 miles at a sub 8:00 pace.  It was comfortably easy and I was glad that my body was feeling pretty good.  Tuesday, I was a little achy so I did a little foam rolling to loosen up my tight muscles.  I'm been an absolute slacker about my strength-training--er, really any other exercise except running.  Including stretching.  I'll fall back into again, I promise!

Last night I just had time to do 4 miles before the sun went down.  My Garmin battery was dead so I ran with RunKeeper.  The GPS isn't great so it really was more of a guesstimate.  I finished the 4 miles in about 30 minutes--a nice little tempo-esque run.  Probably a 7:30-7:40 pace overall.  My shoelace came untied when I was about 4/10th of a mile from the end.  My shoes were tight enough and I was running fast enough that it didn't really bother me.  But there were a few other people ahead of me on the trail and I didn't want to be the weird runner girl running with her shoes untied.  I stopped and gave up a few seconds to retie.

Adam walked the 5K that was in conjunction with my last marathon so he is on the email list for all things related to the marathon.  I'm such a email deleter that I just fly through my emails and delete anything that isn't personal.  However, he actually pays attention and read this particular email that explained any runner that ran the full or half could run a half in October as part of a series and receive a special medal.  A 26.2 for the two halves or a 39.3 for the full plus half.

Adam was all like, "you should do this.  You could run a half in your sleep."  I was all excited for a fancy 39.3 medal and the deal was sweetened when I learned that there are special prizes for the top 3 male and female finishers who run the 39.3.  Since these are smaller races AND 6 months apart, I stand a chance at actually contending for a 'prize'.  It could be a paper certificate printed out on Microsoft Word, but whatevs, I like prizes.  So maybe I'll run a half in October.  I'll decide when it gets closer to the next price increase--cause I like to procrastinate like that.

When life is good, I am busy enjoying my other hobbies (and avoiding strength training).  I have been busy in my garden--planting a few veggies and annuals, and enjoying the pretty perennials:
garden grow

I have also been in the kitchen, making pizza:

making pizza

And baking cookies:

baking cookies

Tonight, I made spicy basil tofu stir-fry and while Adam initially balked at the idea of not having meat with dinner, he actually cleaned his plate.  I won't press my luck often with bringing tofu to the dinner table often, but good to know that it is in the realm of possibilities.

Tomorrow, I hope to get in a double digit run if I'm feeling good and rested.  Then, it's time to maybe order a new phone (ooooo, technology!) and Friday night=date night.  Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment