Friday, October 26, 2012

This time it's not my mind in the gutter

I hate when my body is in funkville, but my mind is ready to run.  The 3 runs I've had this week have been terrrrrrrrrrrrible.  I suppose the good news is that I ran and finished my runs.  But my body is just hating me right now.  And there is no I-can't-run-right-now kind of injury.  Just generalized ick.  My foot hurts a little, my legs feel like lead/concrete/deadweight of choice. 

The problem is likely twofold.  1) Running in the evening has always been my body's least favorite time to run.  2) My job is a lot more physically strenuous and lifting furniture all day long is likely not a good prelude to running after work.  The good news is that these are problems can be dealt with.  I can quit whining about running after work and get my lazy butt out of bed and run before work.  This is easier said than done, especially when Adam and the dogs are snuggling.  And hopefully the furniture lifting will pay off in dividends once my body becomes used to it again. 

I have been extremely lazy (re: virtually none) about strength training in the past few months.  I run and run and run and run without any issue of motivation, but I just cannot get my stupid self back into strength training.  It's easy to say....oh, well, I run 25-30 miles a week, I already exercise enough....I can just run a random half marathon any day of the week without training......but we all know that it's different.  Who am I trying to kid?

Here's hoping my body finds its mojo again soon.  This rickety body stuff is for the birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment