Thursday, December 20, 2012

Awesomeness might happen in the next 11 days

I see the 2012 recap bandwagon....and I am just going to lollygag behind it for another 11 days.  I mean, I still have 11 more awesome days of 2012 to enjoy and some pretty great things might happen.  Probably nothing earth-shattering, just mildly amazing, but hey, I'm a newfound optimist.  Only took me 30 years to become one, but being one is pretty rad.

I ran 7 miles Tuesday night, 3.5 miles last night, and 5 miles tonight.  Getting out of bed has been a struggle ever since I started enjoying my cushy new gig.  This time last year I was getting up at 4:30am on a regular basis to get to work by 6am.  Now I'm lazily hitting the snooze button 3 times at 7am.  Oh well, I suppose as long as I know the price I pay for evening running. 

It hasn't been that bad actually.  Tuesday night's run was great.  Yesterday was not too shabby either.  Tonight, I felt a little sluggish getting into the first mile, but then I started to feel good again.  The top of my foot is still sore from dropping a 150 pound artificial tree directly on the top of it a few weeks ago.  I think I must have bruised the bone.  Maybe.  All I know is that it is still nagging me. 

In non-running news, I must say that it is super weird to not feel overwhelmed and exhausted with the month of December at work.  I am actually getting sleep, not eating Peppermint Bark for meals, and feeling like I am not super stressed about getting it all done.  Look! I even have time to write a blog! 
The best news? I have Christmas Eve off! How great is that?? I cannot remember a time in the past 10 years that I have had both days off.  I will probably just putz around the house in my pjs all day, but whatever...  I'm just thankful that I took the leap of faith and stepped outside my comfort zone.  Sometimes the grass can be greener.

No comments:

Post a Comment