Saturday, September 15, 2012

Patience: Not my favorite virtue

I cannot believe it's been more than I week since I've blogged! Oops!

I've been busy with the new job, running, and writing some more stuff for Halfmarathons.net.  Plus, Adam has been hogging the downstairs laptop when we've been doing our evening sofa time...

ran a 14 miler on Wednesday.  Just 'cause.  It was okay.  I wore my old shoes thinking that I would
benefit from the cushioning when going long, but I don't know that it really made a difference.  It definitely wasn't a great run, but it wasn't too bad either.  I am still dealing with some soreness in the ankle I rolled over 2 months ago when I do 10+ miles.  It won't be bad while running, but it will be pretty tight after a few hours of completing a run.

skipped my run yesterday because I went straight from work to date night.  I ran 3.5 miles this morning even though I slept terribly for the last few hours of sleep.  The first mile I felt like a slug.  It took all kinds of effort, but thankfully I felt better after I warmed up.

I was kind of hoping to get 30 miles in this week since I had a 14 miler, but I am just trying to listen to my body.  Having a new job is always a big adjustment.  I'm sure my body is stressed and doesn't even realize it.  Hopefully I'll start to feel more settled soon.  I just hate not knowing how to do everything--it's a very frustrating feeling.  Especially because I felt so ultimately comfortable in knowing how to do it all at my previous job.  It'll come.  I just have to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment