Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Somewheeeeeeere over the raaaaainbow

I've been a blog and commenter slacker lately.  And I am feeling so blah about my unhappiness at work that it is seeping into other aspects of life.  Like running.  It could just be that I've had a number of not-so-great runs lately and coupled with the increasing heat/humidity, I hate seeing my pace suffer with the same effort.  It's been a little while since I've felt euphoric about a run--I always feel better after having completed a run, but it's nice when I feel good during the run.

Monday, I was feeling a residual stiffness from Saturday's 13.5 so I decided to just do a 5 miler after work.  My legs were crawling.  I was experiencing this weird feeling that I was putting in a decent effort, but my body wasn't cooperating.  My brain was thinking one thing, but my legs were not responding in kind.  So by sheer dumb luck, my Garmin crapped out (re: I forgot to charge it fully) just past the 2 mile mark.  I was left to pace myself by comfort.  What an odd feeling after relying on my Garmin for so long.  I have no clue how fast/slow the rest of the run went, but I felt hot & tired by the time I was done.

It's raining today and I really don't want to go anywhere anyway.  So I will watch another free episode (thanks Amazon Prime!) of Downton Abbey and test out my new ear buds on the treadmill.  I'm really hoping that I stumble upon something in my searches today that will turn my frowny face upside down.

In the meantime, I'll be thinking of creative ways to get paid while sipping coffee in my pjs, snuggling with my dogs, watching Braves baseball, (severely) amateur running, and conducting extraordinary kitchen experiments.  As long as the dream is there, I'll keep believing it will come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment