Monday, May 28, 2012

Southern nights A: pick-up trucks & barbecue

I've been a bit out of the Loop.  Running, working, and impromptu weekend fun has taken me out of the blog world for a few days.  Besides, I've been trying to get some other stuff done in my time off.  And I am trying really hard not to put my work emotions in my blogs which means that I needed a few days to cool off.

Every run for the past couple of weeks has been very status quo for me.  I've had some better ones and some downright terrible ones.  I ride the wave of endorphins and then crash out.  I've been trying to sort out my head which involves a lot of heavy foot pounding and grunting in the process.  Good thing most of my runs have been on the dreadmill lately.  I cannot muster getting up early and we've been in the 90's over the weekend.  Air-conditioning wins. 

On a happier note, I had a full and productive weekend (minus the day I spent at work).  My Saturday consisted of: running, writing articles, making and drinking frozen margaritas, a few hours poolside, impromptu get-together at the house with steak & shrimp kabobs, lighting fireworks, more margaritas, riding around in the back of a pick-up truck to go back to the pool, and having an adult sleepover for everyone's safety. 

Sunday I worked.  Boo!

Today was for Adam & I to get some stuff done for and around the house.  After I ran, I mowed the lawn while he edged.  Eventually he took the mower while I took care of some spring foliage that was beyond blooming.  We rinsed off the air filters for the air-conditioners and then got ready to do our errands.  Dog food, a trip to BJ's for dumb stuff like floss & aspirin, and to Home Depot to get a key made.  Our sweet reward was lunch at 'Cue, a delicious barbecue spot near our house.  They have THE BEST homemade buns for barbecue sandwiches.  OMG, I'm obsessed.

I have one more day tomorrow to do some more hunting before I go back to the insanity.  Ugh.   

No comments:

Post a Comment