Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday mornings with Flying Tomato

I'm not normally a back-to-back day poster, but then again, I don't normally run two days in a row.  With writing, it's usually because I don't have that much to blab about.  With running, it's for a few reasons.  1) I like running and I want to stay uninjured. 2) I like running days, but I also like rest days. 3) I like running and I want to keep liking running--i.e. I don't want to get burned out.

However, I ran yesterday and today.  Yesterday was a lethargic 5 miles on the treadmill.  And I say lethargic, but really it was just that I was going pretty slow for me.  I'm not training for anything, I wanted to get a few miles in, but I didn't want to overexert myself.  So I slowly hopped along while watching Downton Abbey on my Kindle and enjoyed myself.

Today, I met Flying Tomato at the Greenway for a great 8-miler.  Not too fast, not too slow.  We were chatty and the time literally flew by.  If every run was as enjoyable as they are with him, I swear no one would ever have to experience funktown! Getting to know someone through running is by far one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in awhile.  And I'm not just saying that because I know he'll read my bloop :).  As n2runningbad (aka Dean) says, runners make the best friends. 

I only looked at my Garmin today to stop/start it at the traffic light and didn't even check my pace.  I was happily surprised we were cruising at a nice speed and that it felt pretty comfortable the whole way.  Wahoo! I suppose it didn't hurt that I had stellar company and it was in the 50's this morning....
Haven't heard too much from Adam regarding his workouts lately, but I know he has done something since I was last on the dreadmill as his user profile popped up.  I am holding out that he will want to go for a very short run by fall outside.  I know he can reach a good fitness level--it's the commitment to making it happen that's the tough part.

In non-running news, I found absolutely nothing while searching for my dream job yesterday.  However, I did begin a Pinterest board to start bringing some creative ideas out of the clouds and into visable light.  I figured if I could nail down a few concrete ideas of things I want out of my career/life, I might be able to make the next steps.  In the meantime, I have set up a Blogger account to crosspost my blogs.  Maybe I can generate a few pennies from Google AdSense.  It's all got to start somewhere right?

No comments:

Post a Comment