Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cashing in good karma points

I feel physically drained.  But in a good way.  I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight.  In fact, I probably could fall asleep right now and not wake up until tomorrow morning.  Given that it isn't even 7pm though, I will restrain myself from crawling into bed before I've even had dinner.

Hopefully today was the last of the 4:30am wake-up calls for a long, long time.  I consider myself to  be a morning person, but prefer to wake up with the sun.  Not hours before.  Mad props to those people that can either A) exist on just a few hours of sleep or B) be disciplined enough to go to sleep early enough to wake up refreshed at 4:30am. 

After working and leaving at a reasonable hour (why do I still feel guilty about this?), I came home to relax for a short while.  Then I got on the treadmill and got so wrapped up in finishing a movie that my 4 miler turned into 7 miles.  Sweet!

3 days of running in a row coupled with physical work days beginning at 4:30am have left me pooped though!  I actually kind of enjoy feeling this way when I don't have anything pressing to do.  I mean, the house needs cleaning, but it'll be dirty and waiting for me tomorrow too. 

Tomorrow I am going to dinner with a dear friend/former coworker.  I have the weekend off.  11 miles in the books already and it's only Tuesday.  A customer of mine brought me a cake yesterday because he was appreciative that I always make him a cup of coffee when he comes in.  Guess I cashed in some of those good karma points.  Better keep paying it forward to build up my karma points bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment