Saturday, August 11, 2012

How we party at the Liebowitz castle (pics)

It was just another Friday at the Liebowitz castle.  I ran my 7 miler and found myself feeling better running at a faster speed.  That was kind of cool.  I smell a great fall for running for this girl around the corner!

After I finished running, I helped Adam finish mowing the backyard.  He edged (which I hate doing) while I did the last few swipes.  Then I blew off the patio and the driveway.  Then I was pooped!  And I still needed to make dinner for 11 in the evening!

We cleaned up and headed to Trader Joe's for fresh flowers.  They have great stuff at reasonable prices in their floral department.  It was the perfect topper for my 3-tiered cake:



My dear friends' 10th wedding anniversary was yesterday and we had a dinner party to help them celebrate.  I made the 'wedding' cake over the course of a few days.  White sour cream almond cake with strawberry swiss meringue buttercream layers topped with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream.  Probably top 5 cakes I've ever baked if I do say so myself!

We had a really fabulous time celebrating and I kind of stopped at one point and tried to soak in the moment.  Sitting at my dining table surrounded with a lot of really great people having loud, happy conversation is pretty much a perfect Friday night. 

The tablescape:



I was exhausted once everyone left and we finished cleaning up.  I was asleep before I hit the pillow.  But it was totally worth it--sometimes the most exhausting are the most rewarding.  Kind of like running...

No comments:

Post a Comment