Saturday, August 4, 2012

Is the IOC hiring?

I have been neglecting my blooping again.  In between running, sleeping, watching the Olympics, and work, I've been trying to squeeze it all in.  I keep trying to get to bed at a decent hour, but those Olympics are sucking me in every night! I'll sleep in September... 

My new minimalist shoes are proving to be a mostly good thing.  I was lucky to run all morning runs this week and I feel a little less achy.  Today was a little tougher than Tuesday and Thursday, but I still maintained a decent pace.  I am anxious to get back out on the road once the fall temperatures arrive.  Every fall I've shaved a little bit of time off than the fall before so I am curious to see where I stand at age 30.  Getting faster or slowing down?

I have been pretty stressed about navigating my next steps with my work situation.  I'm ready to have it sorted out.  But to be honest, there is some comfort with status quo and I SUCK at dealing with change.  I'm about to have to make some tough choices and I can only hope that they end up being the right ones. Gah!

On a lighter note, I am super excited to be hosting my dear friends' 10th anniversary party next week.  I love to entertain and this should be a lot of fun.  I met them about 6 months before they got married so I didn't get the chance to attend their wedding.  I actually took care of their cat while they were gone--a perfect gig for a college kid strapped for cash.  Now I get the opportunity to celebrate with them!

Time to get ready for an awesome Saturday night of O-L-Y-M-P-I-C-S!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment