Thursday, June 21, 2012

First-world running problems

I've been feeling really tired in the evenings lately.  Before any rumors start, I'm NOT pregnant.  Just tired.  Tuesday night, I came home and took a nap at 6:30pm for 30 minutes.  Who does that??

Last night, I really wanted to take a nap when I got home again.  But running was on the agenda.  With temps in the 90's, I blew off the outdoor run in favor of the dark cave of the treadmill room.  Luckily I remembered that I had been wanting to test HBO Go on my Kindle Fire.  I downloaded the app, logged in, and started watching the show 'Girls'.  Sweet.

This is such a first-world problem, but the TV in the treadmill room only gets network channels.  And there is no TiVo.  So I watch reruns of shows when I run in the evening or the Today show in the morning.  I know, I know, woe is me...

When I discovered I could watch things on my Kindle Fire, I was pretty excited.  I immediately blew through all the free awesome movies and the first season of Downton Abbey.  In fact, I would almost get a little excited to run on the treadmill so I could see what happens next. 

Now that I have found yet another source of entertainment, I will be excited again for another few runs if I am 'forced' indoors.

As for yesterday's run, it was meh.  Not terrible, but not great either.  I was experiencing some weird foot pain on the bottom of my foot in the last half mile.  I'm fairly certain that this can be remedied by 1) New running shoes or 2) New work shoes.  I'd have to check, but my current shoes are likely around 300 miles.  Normally I get closer to 450-500 before the pains tell me it's time.  Like the oil change light in my car....only more painful AND more expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment