Saturday, June 2, 2012

Running on 80 proof

Seems like a similar pattern for me.  Eat bad food, drink booze, go for a rockstar run!  Hey, it hasn't done me in yet, so I fear this isn't the last tale.

Adam & I met our friend Jeff at a local Mexican restaurant for Texas margaritas and plates of delicious fried & cheesy food.  Then, after trip to the liquor store to replenish the home stock, we came back to our house and continued the adventure.  A gin tasting for the boys and a glass (or more) of limoncello for me.  Eventually I was onto my favorite nightcap, Bailey's.

This morning, I was dehydrated, but feeling pretty sprightly for an evening of toxic beverages.  I'm pretty sure my stomach (and liver) were like, why does she think habanero peppers and Bailey's makes for such a fabulous evening?

The consequences of my actions are completely lost when I rock out a 14.3 miler in less than 2 hours a mere 8 hours after putting myself to bed.

The weather was gorgeous, I felt BA, and aside from the whole hydration part, I had a killer run.  One of those 'la la la la la' kind of runs where I just feel as though I was made to go gallivanting through the woods for 2 hours.  I did stop at miles 3.5, 7, and 10.5 for serious consumption of water.  I didn't wear my hydration belt because I thought the weather was cool enough to just grab water at mile 7.  Dummy.  Aside from those 3 stops, I cruised through the rest.

Here are the splits: 8:06, 8:05, 8:19, 8:13, 8:21, 8:19, 8:15, 8:12, 8:18, 8:09, 8:14, 8:05, 8:06, 7:57.  Gotta love that I squeaked out an under 8:00 minute mile on the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment