Sunday, June 17, 2012

Who's your daddy?

Happy Father's Day!
We are celebrating at the Liebowitz Castle tonight by having my dad over for dinner.

Tonight's Menu:
Watermelon Mint Slush Cocktail
Caesar Salad
Grilled Potatoes with Rosemary & Truffle Salt
Corn, Tomato, and Feta Salad
Ribeyes
Blueberry Cheesecake Trifle
Copius amounts of Pinot Noir

The man of honor this evening:


My dear father-in-law is in Miami.  If we all lived in the same town, it would be a lot more awesome.  He'd probably enjoy some steaks too!

Adam & his dad:


I ran yesterday so I could spend the day lounging with Adam.  We laid patio pavers for 4 hours on Friday and I was STIFF yesterday.  I walked a few minutes before my morning run as usual, completed my run, cooled down, and went to get ready for work.  Oddly enough, it was after my run that I felt everything start to tighten up.  I bent over to unlace my shoes after 7 miles of good running and stopped short.

The only place I have any good flexibility in my body is touching my toes.  I rocked the sit and reach in the Presidential Fitness Test.  Because I can barely muster a 90 degree angle doing the splits, I pride myself on being able to reach past my toes in the sit & reach.  However, the physical labor of hauling dirt, pavers, and ripping up sod clearly was not kind to my back.  Luckily, the tightness is nearly gone today, but I was concerned yesterday that I might have done something to injure myself.  Doh!

It's been 2 years since I've sustained any sort of injury that has kept me from running.  I have the occasional bouts of Funkytown and last fall I took a week off running when Disney World took me to new levels of tired.  Yeah, I can run marathons, but there is no tired like Disney tired.  14 hours of trekking through Epcot AND maintaining childlike glee for that same period is tough stuff.

Anyway, I plan to do some running after work tomorrow.  Bleh.  But I've been mixing up my runs with treadmill/sidewalk/Greenway and hoping that a change of scenery will help get me through the summer.  The toughest months are yet to come--the devil of July and his evil twin August.

I'm off to cook!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment