Friday, July 6, 2012

I shot a gun (and I didn't hurt myself!)

I have had a busy week. 

Monday I was on my death bed with what I *think* was food poisoning.  Sleeping next to the toilet on a dog bed was the highlight of my day.

Tuesday I was recuperated and feeling much sprightlier by the end of work day.  I left in the pouring rain around 6:30pm and proceeded to prep for Wednesday's party.

Party prep:

On Wednesday (Fourth of July), I worked. People at the mall were just hanging out waiting for the fireworks show.  It was a bit silly.  Oh, and by the way, it is really unpatriotic to return merchandise on the Fourth of July in this economy. 

I came home to my party in full swing and enjoyed a night of fireworks, food, and fun.

Party peeps:

Thursday, I FINALLY was able to run this week without being sick, at work, or prepping for a party.  My regular 7 miles, but I took it easy on the speed.  I definitely was still feeling a bit on the dehydrated side from the food poisoning.  Hopefully my next run will be easier.

I closed last night at work which means that I left at 10pm.  I met up with Adam and our friend Jeff who had picked up my brother-in-law Michael and friend Jon from the airport.  We went to a couple of bars downtown and made a late night stop at Krispy Kreme on the way home.  The donuts were hot and slid right down hatch. Mmmm...

This morning, I woke up and let the dogs outside like usual.  When I went to let them back inside, only 2 came trotting back in.  I walked into the backyard only to discover one of the fence gates was wide open.  Oy!

The escapee (this is the 3rd time in a year) ran and ran and ran and ran.  We ran for nearly an hour back and forth across the field and brush in my backyard.  My legs were bloody from the run AND I rolled my ankle coming down a hill.  It is really tight now and I am really concerned that I might be out of commission running-wise.  Practicing a little RICE right now in hopes that I didn't do too much damage.

Once I got the escapee back inside--after capturing her because she ran herself tired--we met up with the boys for a day of fun.

First, we went to the shooting range and shot off 300 rounds between the 5 of us.  We rented a 9mm Glock and a .40 Smith & Wesson.  This was my first time shooting and I was a little nervous that I was going to do something stupid.  But it was relatively easy once I felt confident that I could operate the gun.  I even outscored a few of the guys once we shot for 'points' on the target.

Here's me:

Here's Adam:

We continued our indoor sporting events and headed to the bowling alley next.  We were all pretty excited to play the first game, mellowed out by the second game, and ready to call it an afternoon by the third game.  I am a terrible bowler and I ended up using the bumpers the last 2 games so I wouldn't suffer in the double digits by myself.  Ha!

But I do rock at arcade basketball.  And I play a mean game of skeeball.

Now we are doing a little down time before the house party tonight.  And white water rafting tomorrow!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment